The Carthage Film Festival celebrates its 50th anniversary this year with the launch of the festival’s 27th edition on October 28th, 2016. The festival’s program will run through November 5th, featuring 10 AFAC-supported films three of which 3 were selected for the Feature Films Official Competition, 5 films in the First Film Official Competition and two films in the Short Films Official Competition.
The Official Feature Films Competition:
- “Zaineb Hates the Snow” by Kawther Ben Hania (Tunisia)
- “3000 nights” by Mai Masri (Palestine)
- “Al Medina” by Omar Shargawi (Jordan/ Palestine)
The First Film Official Competition:
- "Nhebek Hedi" by Mohamed Ben Attia (Tunisia)
- “The Last of Us” by Ala eddine Selim (Tunisia)
- "This Little Father Obsession" by Selim Mourad (Lebanon)
- "Skin" by Afraa Batous (Syria)
- "The curve" by Rifqi Assaf (Jordan)
The Short Films Official Competition:
- "Waves’98" by Ely Dagher (Lebanon)
- “Silence” by Chadi Aoun (Lebanon)
Stay Tuned for the full screening program!